The process of getting MSME or SSI Registration has been simplified by the introduction of Udyog Aadhaar MSME in India. Prior to applying for MSME registration entrepreneurs need to apply with two different form with two separate fillings. Those are (Entrepreneurs Memorandum) EM Part-1 and EM Part-2. The manual procedure is ridden with several challenges and is not considered investor or entrepreneurs friendly. On account of the cumbersome procedure and since the filling of EM is not mandatory, many MSMEs have not registered themselves and are outside the scope of services time to time offered by the Government.
This one page Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum is an initiative of MSME Ministry Govt. of India at simplifying registration process for entrepreneurs and promoting ease of doing business. The objective is to make the process of filling Udyog Aadhaar MSME forms for the applicant through online anytime registration.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR UDYOG AADHAAR MSME REGISTRATION
● Aadhaar Number: 12 digits Aadhaar number issued to the applicant.
● Name of Owner: The applicant name as mentioned on the Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI.
● Social Category: General / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Castes (with proof).
● Name of Enterprise: Name of the legal entity to conduct business. One applicant can have more than one enterprises doing business and each one can be registered for a separate Udyog Aadhaar and with the same Aadhaar Number.
● Type of Organization: Type of Business entity or Legal Entity. (Proprietorship, Partnership Firm, Hindu Undivided Family, Private Limited Company, Co-Operative, Public Limited Company, Self Help Group, LLP, Others)
● Postal Address: Address of the business including mobile and email address.
● Date of Commencement: The date on which businesses was started.
● Previous Registration Details: Details of previous MSME registration, if applicable should be entered here.
● Bank Details: Details of the bank account of the company including IFSC Code and Bank Account number.
● Major Activity: Major area of activity of the business – manufacturing or service.
● NIC Code: The appropriate NIC Code should be entered from the National Industrial Classification (NIC) handbook.
● The person employed: The total number of people employed in the business.
● Investment in Plant & Machinery / Equipment: Amount of money invested in terms of machinery and equipment by the business.
● DIC: Details of the District Industry Center nearest to the business, if required.
NOTE: As per Ministry of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises, Government of India notification No. SO 2576 (E) date 18.09.2015, the filing of Entrepreneur Memorandum (EM) Part-I && II and issuance of Acknowledgement has been replaced by Udyog Aadhar Memorandum (UAM) and Udyog Aadhar Acknowledgement respectively.