Every business owners of any shops and establishments are compulsorily required to get the registration under the Shops and Establishment Act. Here are the following steps:
1. Submit an application in the prescribed form to the Inspector of the area within 30 days of starting any work in your shop/establishment. The application needs to be submitted along with the prescribed fees and should contain the following information:
● Your name as the employer and the name of a manager, if any;
● The postal address of your establishment;
● The name of your establishment;
● Telephone No
● eMail Address
● Nature of Business
2. Date of Commencement of Business
After receiving the application for registration and the fees, the Inspector shall verify the accuracy and correctness of the application. Once suitably satisfied, he shall enter the details in the Register of Establishments and issue a registration certificate of your establishment to you. This certificate will be valid for 5 years and has to be renewed thereafter. After getting the certificate, you will need to display that at your premise.
If you want to close down your establishment, within 15 days of closing the establishment, notify to the Inspector in writing the date of such closure and return the registration certificate. After due verification, the Inspector shall remove the name of your establishment from the Register of Establishments and cancel your registration certificate.